We are accepting new bookings and these come with our COVID REFUND GUARANTEE to give you peace of mind.
In these uncertain times, we want to reassure you that if you are unable to travel to come and stay with us because of a national lockdown, or because you are in a tier where you are unable to travel, then we will guarantee you a full refund.
This guarantee covers lockdowns and tier restrictions but does not cover you ( or members of your party) for illness or if you are required to self-isolate or quarantine for COVID reasons. These events can be covered by you taking out travel insurance which we recommend our guests do.
Our terms and conditions.
- Select the property
- Dates with green circles indicate start days for breaks. (We don’t offer a start or finish day on Sundays)
- Click on a green circle and select how many nights you want to stay
- The price will come up automatically
To secure a cottage there is a 25% deposit. We take all major cards. All bookings are subject to our terms and conditions.
Please feel free to call or email us if you have any questions or need any help. 01538 266160 or email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions
The contract is for a short-term holiday rental of the property specified on the booking form made between the client and owners of Foxtwood Cottages, Clive and Alison Worrall and client .
When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed by post or email.
By making a booking the client contracts on behalf of himself/herself and all those in his/her party and represents that he/she has the authority to accept these conditions on behalf of and binding upon all guests in his/her party.
Bookings are accepted on the understanding that the property is taken for holiday purposes only and that, excepting babies, the number of people in each property is limited to that entered on the booking form.
The client and any friends or family of the client visiting the property while the client is staying there must adhere to the conditions of the contract, including the rules and procedures contained in the information folder provided in the property. If inviting friends to visit the client must first seek the permission of the owners.
The owners reserve the right to alter prices on our Website. We will advise you of the current price at the time of booking. A binding contract comes into existence between the client and the owners once we have received your deposit and we have issued an email/postal letter containing your booking confirmation.
We reserve the right to refuse any booking before we send you written confirmation. If we do this we will inform you in writing and promptly refund any money paid to us.
Payment and cancellation
Bookings are confirmed on receipt of the booking form and receiving the deposit of 25% of the holiday cost. The balance of the rental will be due for payment 30 days before the arrival date; you will be sent an email notification that the balance is due. We reserve the right to cancel a booking where payment has not been received 30 days before the commencement date, in which case the deposit is forfeit. If the booking is made within 30 days of the arrival date then payment will be due in full. No entry to properties will be allowed without payment, in full, being cleared beforehand.
Cancellations must be immediately notified to us by email.
If you cancel 61 or more days before check-in date, and we are able to re-let your dates, we will refund you the deposit amount which may be less than you paid e.g. if the final letting price was discounted or only some of the days are re-let. If we are unable to re-let you remain responsible for the deposit and there will be no refund under any circumstances. You will be reimbursed at the check-in date of original booking.
Bookings placed after 01 August 2020 but before 8th January 2021 will have cancellation protection cover, meaning that if you cancel between 60 days and 2 days before check-in date, you will receive a full refund of the lodging costs you have paid. You will be reimbursed at the check-in date of original booking. If you cancel two days or one day before check-in date or on the day of check-in, you will not be reimbursed for your booking costs under any circumstances. Example: for a check-in on Friday you must cancel no later than Wednesday 5.p.m.
Bookings placed before 01 August 2020 and after 8th January 2021 are not cancellation protected, meaning that if you cancel between 60-30 days before check-in date, and we are able to re-let your dates, we will refund you the deposit amount which may be less than you paid eg if the final letting price was discounted or only some of the days are re-let. If we are unable to re-let, you remain responsible for the deposit and there will be no refund under any circumstances. You will be reimbursed at check-in date of original or replacement booking, whichever has the later arrival date. From 30 days before check-in to the day of check-in, you remain responsible for the full rent and there will be no refund unless we are able to re-let your dates, in which case we will refund you all or part of the sum you have paid, depending on the value of the replacement booking. You will be reimbursed at the check-in date of the original or replacement booking, whichever has the later arrival date. Bookings that were taken before 01 August 2020 but have been moved to a later date are not covered by Mastercancel.
Circumstances beyond the control of the owner ( Force Majeure)
If for any reason we have to cancel your booking in advance due to circumstances beyond our control for example fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, destruction/damage to the property (“force majeure“) you will not be refunded the full amount of the booking. If we have to terminate your holiday early for the above reasons you will be refunded part of the lodging costs based on the time remaining of the booking. This will be the full extent of the liability of the Owners. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
Rentals for Foxtwood Cottages commence at 4 pm on the day of arrival and terminate at 10.00am on the day of departure.
Right of Entry
Whilst respecting the reasonable privacy of the client, the owners of Foxtwood Cottages reserve the right to access all properties at all times, if necessary, for repairs and emergencies.
Care of the Property
The client shall take all reasonable and proper care of the property and its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in or on the property and leave them in the same state of repair, condition, cleanliness and tidiness as at the commencement of the rental period.
Breakages or Damage
The client is required to inform the owner of any damage or breakage in or around the property promptly so that it can be repaired and replaced for the next client.
The owners of Foxtwood Cottages are not liable for any loss or damage to any client’s property or any property belonging to a member of the client’s party however caused.
The client or members of his/her party cannot hold the owners of Foxtwood Cottages liable for any personal injury/death however sustained where the owners and/or their employees have used reasonable skill and care; and/or where caused by the fault of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party (including inadequate supervision of children); and/or where caused by the fault of a third party, and/or where caused by an event that could not have been reasonably foreseen or avoided.
The client is bound to reimburse the owners for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs where reasonably demanded by the owners for damage caused by the client. When booking card details will automatically be held ( these can only be accessed for a short time after your departure) so that if damage occurs to the property monies up to the value of £100 can be taken.
Rules and Procedures
Clients are required to observe the rules and familiarise themselves with the procedures contained in the information folder provided in each property.
Guests showing signs of C-19 whilst staying at Foxtwood are required to go for a test. The result of this test must be shown to the owner. If positive then the guest must immediately leave if this is reasonably possible. If for any reason that it is not, and self-isolation is required to take place at Foxtwood, then all fees for all bookings affected by this self-isolation will be borne by the guest. Due to the distance to a test centre, we suggest you go straight home if you develop symptoms.
While we endeavour to ensure that everything is presented to a high standard with your accommodation should you need to make a complaint the following procedure applies:
*Inspect the property on arrival and report any immediate problems to the owners.
*Report any problems found during your stay to the owners.
Complaints must be reported immediately to the owners of the property thereby giving them the opportunity to rectify the problem during your stay. Complaints will not be entertained at the end of the hiring period or if the guest vacates the property.
Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the cottages.
We ask that you don’t allow dogs upstairs, in any of the bedrooms or on the furniture, and that they are not left alone in the house.
Please clean up after your dog/s – both inside and out. Please bag and bin all deposits, in case you run out, do ask us we have a supply of poo-bags.
Footpaths, the canal towpath and country lanes surround Foxtwood, making for an excellent walking country. This is a farming area though so we ask you to please respect our neighbours and keep close control of your dogs while out and about. If you are at all uncertain as to whether your dog will chase livestock please keep your dog on the lead.
If your dog/s are wet and muddy please wash your dog off, do use the hosepipe in the yard or the boot wash by the spring pool in the car park. We have plenty of dog towels you are welcome to borrow, just ask.
Barking, please ensure the person responsible for the dog in your group is aware that a barking dog, inside or out at any time of day or night will spoil the stay of our other guests.
Please bring your own freshly laundered dog’s bed.
In the event that any individual term or clause stated in these Terms and Conditions of Let is not permissible by law, the remainder of the agreement shall remain valid.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is Foxtwood Cottages
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Foxtwood Cottages and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The route to entry for the competition is to like the post only. To be entered into the competition you are not expected to like the Facebook page, share the post, comment or tag a friend. People can, of course, perform any of those social actions, but do so by their own free will.
- We have the right to allow more than one entry per competition at times. We will notify specifically in the post if this is the case
- Closing date for entry will be stated in the post of the Facebook page. After this date, the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are clearly stated in the Facebook post. Like the post only. To be entered into the competition you are not expected to like the Facebook page, share the post, comment or tag a friend. People can, of course, perform any of those social actions, but do so by their own will.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize will be clearly stated in the Facebook Post and will be subject to availability
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen at random
- The winner will be notified by via private message on Facebook and within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner’s name will be available via our Facebook page
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.